Class Registration Help
Summer 2017 Semester Registration opens
Monday, June 5, 2017 (12:00 PM EDT)
Fall 2017 Semester Registration opens
Monday, August 7, 2017 (12:00 PM EDT)
Spring class registration is currently open.
Attention: Classes Fill Quickly
The classes in Spring Session that fill the most quickly are:
- Expository Essay
- Kidswrite Intermediate
- Kidswrite Basic
- Writing A Greek Myth
- Classes starting in January
Class registration stays open until classes are full (we note when classes fill on the registration form).
To learn more about how online classes work, read our online classes description.
Be sure to read the Rules for Registration below.
If you're traveling and have no access to the Internet, ask a friend to register for you.
Your registration is not complete until we receive payment, and your spot is not secure without payment.
Rules for Registration #
How to register #
- Go to the registration page. Enter a Parent's Brave Writer Classroom Username and Password to begin. You have a username and password if you have ever been registered as a student in an online class, if you have an Arrow or Boomerang subscription, or if you are a Homeschool Alliance member.
- If you've forgotten your username and password, please request a reset. If you don't have a username and password, create one.
- Do Not Use your child's username and password to register for a class. You will add your child to your registration on a screen later in the registration process.
- Use the email address that you would like associated with your account (the one you actually read and use regularly).
- If your student is going to be the enrolled participant in class, be sure that the email address you use for that student is one that is actively checked (class notifications will go to that student's email address).
- Payment is due at time or enrollment, unless you are paying with charter school funds. Select "Charter School" and add the name of the Charter School to the comments before you check out.
Completed Enrollment #
Your enrollment is complete when your registration is paid in full, or we have a purchase order from your Charter School.
Families may sign up for multiple classes for multiple students at one time. However, we prefer you not enroll one student for two classes if they overlap in dates (without emailing us first to discuss).
Travel during class
We prefer you not miss more than a few (3-4) consecutive days of any class. If you go out of town, you will need to evaluate whether or not you'll have consistent Internet access AND the time/motivation to do the work. Take into consideration the motivation of the student (not just your motivation). We will not move you to a new session or refund your tuition if travel made participation too difficult.
We do observe the specified age range for classes without special permission from the staff. Contact Julie if you need special permission.
Read about how we run our online classes and test drive our classroom.
Tuition payment information #
Class tuition can be paid using a credit card or Paypal at the end of the registration.
Charter School Payments
We accept these. Ask your charter school to:
Scan and email a purchase order to Brave Writer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cindy Clark is the name of the contact.
Or mail the purchase order to:
Brave Writer LLC
7723 Tylers Place Blvd. Ste. 165
West Chester, OH 45069
In your instructions to the charter school, title the class:
- Kidswrite Basic Curriculum or
- Expository Essay Curriculum (and so on)
- Do not put class in the title.
Charter schools are run by the state and the word "class" is a flag that means your child will be in a physical classroom with a teacher. That kind of class setting requires a different kind of payment system that Brave Writer does not support or use. Because these are online classes, taught on a message board, we are in a different category: distributing an online curriculum over a specified period of time through text. Therefore curriculum is the right title.
Tuition is due one week before the class start date.
An email receipt will be emailed to you to confirm your registration. A separate receipt for payment will be sent to you via Paypal or from the credit card payment gateway.
You are completely enrolled in a Brave Writer Class once you have completed the registration form AND have paid tuition in full.
Cancellation Policy #
Conditions for canceling registration or withdrawing from class
- Once you have enrolled and paid for class, there are no refunds after the first day of class.
- If for some reason you must withdraw from class between the time you enroll and class begins, your refund will be as follows:
- Between enrollment and two weeks before class begins: 100% minus service charge of $25.00 per class per student.
- During the week before class begins: 75% of tuition plus the $25.00 service charge per student.
- After class begins, no refunds for any reason.
Contact Brave Writer with any questions.