SAT/ACT Essay Class
Fall Class Registration
opens Mon, Dec. 1, 2014
Noon Eastern (12:00 p.m. EST)
How Classes Work
Brave Writer’s Online Classroom
May 27 - June 21, 2013
Julie Bogart, Creator of Brave Writer
$229.00 per student
High School Students
Want to beat the odds on the SAT/ACT essay portion of the test? Prepare your kids. The skills they learn here will also translate into the timed writing tests they’ll take over and over in college. Truly, this is a course no high school student should be without.
The SAT/ACT Essay Class is designed for college-bound high school students (10th-12th graders) as preparation for the writing portion of both the SAT and ACT tests. Students write 1-3 essays per week plus special exercises designed to help them succeed in crafting this type of essay. This course trains students to work with their knowledge base (what they already know) while addressing sight-unseen questions. We’ll look at preparation strategies as well as techniques for writing under the pressure of a timer.
- How do you incorporate support for points without reference materials?
- How do you pick a topic when you don’t know the question in advance?
- How do you tackle a question designed for school students when you are homeschooled?
- How do you craft a surprising thesis?
- What can be done about revising if you have twenty-five minutes?
- How do you plan an essay effectively and quickly?
These are the kinds of issues this class will address.
This course is not recommended for high school students who have never written essays. Start with the Expository Essay course or with the Help for High School home study course, if you’d like. However, if your student plans to take the SAT/ACT soon, sign up. This class will definitely help!
For more information about how the classes are run, please read about online classes.